As a business owner, no decision is more critical for your building project than securing the right commercial roofing partner. Choose the right contractor, and you’ll get a roof that lasts for years and a job well done. Choose the wrong partner? You could be dealing with extra costs, expenses, and headaches over your building’s roof for years to come.
Here are 5 ways to help you secure the right roofing partner for your next project!
1. Check their qualifications
As the property owner, it’s important to ensure that you’re working with competent, qualified contractors who are properly trained and regulated. At the very minimum, you should make sure your potential contractors are:
- Licensed by the state.
- Certified by the manufacturer.
- Members of trusted trade organizations.
- Offering labor and material warranties.
You should also check local laws and regulations regarding construction permits to make sure that your commercial roofer is in compliance.
2. Know their service offerings
Planning ahead is critical when you’re thinking about your next roofing project. Sure, you may be looking for a new roof now – but can you also go to the same contractor for minor repairs after a storm hits? When you’re looking for a new partnership with a commercial roofer, aim to get a contractor that offers a wide variety of services and can be a one-stop shop for all your roofing needs.
3. Ask about their evaluation process
Many roofing contractors offer free estimates before you start any project – but it’s important to know how they’re getting those number to make sure that unexpected expenses won’t pop up later in the process. A reliable contractor will ask lots of questions and check out your roof for themselves before providing an estimate. If a contractor skips that step, that’s a major red flag. Be sure to ask for their evaluation criteria in writing too, so you can know their plans for every step of your project.
4. Evaluate the bids
After meeting with contractors and narrowing your options, it’s time to review the bids for your roofing project. This is the most crucial step in the process – and it’s important to carefully evaluate each bid before making your decision. While the lowest bid may make the most sense financially, it could end up costing you more in the long run. A higher bid may stretch your budget, but you may get an elevated quality of work that will last much longer. When reviewing the bid, be sure to evaluate the following criteria:
- Installation price
- Recommended materials
- Payment terms
- Scope of work
- Roofing crew
- Insurance policies
- Safety records
5. Call Hopkins Roofing
If you’re looking for a commercial roofing contractor who can get the job done right, look no further than Hopkins Roofing! Here are just a few of the reasons we’re the right partner for your next roofing project:
- Easy Process – At Hopkins, we know you just want a roof that’s done for good. Our people-first approach ensures that we care for you and your project, and we’ll walk with you every step of the way to make sure your experience is as smooth as possible.
- Trusted partners – As business owners ourselves, we understand the value of a partner with integrity – and we’ll give our full attention to every single detail.
- High-end service – No matter what your roofing system, our broad range of expertise ensures you’re receiving the highest quality workmanship.
- Done for Good – For over 60 years, we’ve remained committed to roofing, done for good, and we know a thing or two about what it takes to install a roof that lasts.
Call Hopkins Roofing at 641.621.0131 to schedule your free inspection today!